My Life As Such

I have a very dear friend who would like me to blog along side her. This will just be a blog about my life, things I like, and thoughts I have.

Monday, December 22, 2008

December 2, 2008

Walking home from work today the temperature was roughly 35 degrees. Most of my friends are probably thinking the same thing that I would be thinking… “You are CRAZY! That is flippin’ cold!” And if I was in Florida I would agree whole heartedly with you. But walking home today, about 35 degrees with a slight wind blowing in from the North East, I amazed myself and thought, “What a nice day.”

This stopped me in my tracks briefly. What changed in me in the span of 4 weeks that made me think 35 degrees is a nice day? In Florida, 73 degrees is a nice day. It is too soon for my blood vessels to thicken up or whatever they say happens when you live in the cold. I only had on a sweater and jacket with scrub pants. (Most of you know that scrub pants have the consistency of tissue paper.) So walking in the cold should have made me stiffen up and crumple in heap in front of the bathroom heater just so I could warm back up.

Not so! I am writing this little note without the support of a toilet seat. Back to my original question then; what in me has changed? I wish I knew. But for now I am not complaining. I will just enjoy the brisk afternoon walk and hope that when it gets down to 20 degrees I feel the same way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home