My Life As Such

I have a very dear friend who would like me to blog along side her. This will just be a blog about my life, things I like, and thoughts I have.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Winter in Vermont

Strolling to work,

in unseasonable warm weather,

35 degrees or so

at eleven pm.


Brisk wind blew strongly,

as if to propel

me faster, but I resisted

as my mind began to saunter.



Facing the skyline of

trees that I passed everyday,

I saw them laughing

at the wind and shaking

off the cold of the previous storm,

as if to say you can’t touch us.


And they were right.


Their colors

were more vibrant on this dark night

than ever observed

on the brightest of days.


My head faced down

as my feet continued to move,

however slowly,

looking at the sidewalk

saddled with a conglomeration

of melting ice and snow

perfectly lining my arrival, glistening

like a runway prepared for a landing.


My first winter in Vermont.


Some days cold, some

warmer, but all

with the beauty

you can only find here.

1 Comments:

Blogger MamaDrama77 said...

You've been busy. I just read about four blog entries that were new since I last checked!

Just want you to know that I COMPLETELY identify with your frustrations, weight, finances, and other such. I am in that boat, Sister. Things have gotta get better, huh?

Love you, Girl.

January 8, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home